7 Best Network Monitoring Tools 2021:
Almost every organisation today opts for Network monitoring. However, it gets difficult to choose the right network monitoring tools from the wide range of network monitoring software and tools available. Well, this will no kore be challenging for you. Here below is a network monitoring tools comparison as we compare and rank the best network monitoring tools for 2021.
So, keep all worries aside. Check out the best networking monitoring tools below and choose the one that aligns with your requirements.
Top Network Monitoring Tools
Firstly, one must keep in mind that the types of network monitoring tools that your organization needs, depends largely on the size of your operation and network. Furthermore, the configuration of the elements that make up that network, your budget size, and the size of your admin team also play an important role in influencing your choice.
Here we will cover a range of network monitoring tools that can help you monitor the performance of your network, irrespective of its size and configuration.
It is an ideal option for Network Performance Monitoring for Cloud-Native Environments.
Using Datadog you get-
- unprecedented visibility into modern networks, reports on key metrics- traffic volume and TCP retransmit.
- Easy access to troubleshooting network issues in one unified platform as well as optimizing network traffic costs and performance.
- An insight to monitoring SNMP device and network traffic data. These can be carried out simultaneously and offers a comprehensive view of your networked environment.
- Lastly, the cloud-based environment allows you to pinpoint underperforming pods, containers, and deployments.
Pricing- You can get started for free.
- The Free Unlimited Monitoring option is for 14 days.
- Pro Plan- $180 – $276 per host, Annually.
- Enterprise Plan- $ 23 per host, per month. The paid plans also offer free trials.
Visit the official website Datadog.
It is one of the simplest scanners. SolarWinds NPM is quick to identify network security issues that mostly arise when configurations are changed.
It identifies them and can automatically resolve the issue. Moreover, it has a solid vulnerability scanning as well as advanced options to create and monitor policies. So, Solarwinds is great for servers connected in the same network domain and even for two different data centres located in different zones.
Pricing- Their free trial is fully functional for 30 Days.
- Solarwinds NPM costs $2,995 per year.
Visit the official website Solarwinds.
Nagios is one of the top open-source network monitoring tools.
It includes a dashboard view, community plugins, alert systems, extensive network analysis, custom reports, bandwidth utilization calculator, multi-tenancy as well as Nagios XI Integration for your network.
So, it is an integral part of the infrastructure of many organizations. Customers find its ability to notify service outage most trustworthy. It is trusted by some of the top companies including- Disney, Cisco, Universal, etc.
Pricing– $1,995 is its Single License Price.
Visit the official website of Nagios
Obkio is a network performance monitoring (SaaS) solution. It allows its users to continuously monitor their network performance as well as improve the end-user experience.
- Continuous monitoring through monitoring agents
- Exchange of Synthetic Traffic that helps to measure performance
- Monitoring and improve the End-User perspective
- Offers real-time network performance updates every 500ms
- Automatic Speed Tests
Pricing– It provides a 14 days free trial.
- BASIC Plan- $348 Yearly per agent
- PREMIUM Plan- $468 Yearly per agent
- ENTERPRISE & MSP plans are Personalized.
Visit the official website of Obkio.
ManageEngine OpManager is an integrated network management solution. It facilitates hassle-free network management. It empowers IT admins to simultaneously perform multiple operations. For instance- network performance monitoring, switch monitoring, server and VM monitoring, router monitoring, hardware monitoring, WLC monitoring, violation alerting, and more are some great services available.
- It monitors routers, switches, firewalls, servers, and VMs
- Alerts via email and SMS for faults
- Also, it helps visualize real-time data with a dashboard
- Automatic troubleshooting and repetitive tasks
Pricing– There is a free version as well.
- Prices start from $245.
Visit the official website Manage Engine OpManager.
6. Site24x7 Network Monitoring
Site24x7 is a SaaS-based monitoring solution. This network monitoring solution is SNMP-based. It helps to monitor the availability, health, and performance of network devices.
- It offers automatic discovery. It is supported for 10,000 device templates.
- Custom SNMP monitoring
- Topology and layer 2 network maps
- VPN and Cisco IPSLA based VoIP monitoring that is helpful for remote working needs
Pricing- 30-day free trial.
- STARTER Plan to ADVANCED Plan – $420 – $5388 (paid annually)
Visit the official site Site24X7 Network Monitoring
Zabbix is another open-source monitoring tool. It is a free network monitoring software. It focuses primarily on monitoring and trending functionality. Zabbix is widely used for monitoring servers and network hardware. Zabbix can forecast future behaviour based on historical data.
- Simple and easy measurement of network performance and health
- Best free network monitoring tools for windows. It provides flexible and extendable data gathering.
- Also, it features various metric collection methods.
- Configuration changes
Pricing- Zabbix offers a free trial. There is a free version.
- Zabbix costs $1600.00 per year.
visit the official website of Zabbix.
So, these were the top 7 network monitoring tools that you can. For more such details, stay connected.