Tell your recruiter that you the best candidate for the job by creating an amazing internal auditor resume. This is very simple. All you need to to do is tailor your resume. Pick the most relevant responsibilities from the examples below. Add your accomplishments. Follow the guidelines and you will create a perfect job-winning resume in no time.
Read on to discover the experts’ advice and best free downloadable resume samples.
Bank Internal Auditor Resume Samples
Given below are the best 5 internal auditor resume examples. You can download these by clicking on the download button. Reviewing a sample is both good for entry-level candidates as well as professionals. You get an idea on how to create or reform your resume.
More Resume Samples
Here are some more resume samples for the internal auditor. Choose your favorite one to download.
Internal Auditor Resume -Simple Text
Here is a simple text version of the resume sample above.
Address, Zipcode • Contact Number • email address
Dedicated internal auditor with 2+ years of experience in developing scope, performing testing, and developing findings under the direction of Internal Audit management. Led fraud investigation audit with the outcome of successful prosecution and recovery of over $60,000.
- Assist in developing scope, performing testing, and developing findings following the direction of Internal Audit management.
- Effectively perform reviews of working papers thereby ensuring accuracy and completion. Assist in clearing any review points provided by audit management.
- Plan and manage internal audit mandates, including documentation of work performed, and management of costs and time for the mandates.
Education and Credentials
University- XYZ Institute of Management
Internship at ABC Firm in the year 20XX.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management.
- Financial organizer
- Sound knowledge of banking software.
- An excellent communicator with leadership skills.
Tips for Writing A Resume For Internal Auditor
Once you have chosen your best resume template style, read on to discover some best tips.
1. Begin With Internal Auditor Resume Summary instead of objective
A career summary focuses on your accomplishments, unlike an objective that lays emphasis on your expectations.
-Your intro must not exceed 3-4 sentences.
-Lay stress on your financial background, accounting skills, auditing experience, and career goals.
-Add accomplishments from the past that prove you as a perfect candidate.
-Add keywords from the job posting.
-Make use of action verbs in your statements. These leave an impact.
2. Internal Audit Job Description
Auditor accomplishments resume must be created wisely. No matter what position you are applying for, you must never slack in this area.
Follow the tips below to write a perfect internal audit job description.
- Firstly, begin with your most recent job. Now, go back from there.
- Place your job title and company name at the top. Then you move on to the dates/tenure.
- Next comes your 3–5 bullet points describing auditor job duties.
- While listing more than two job positions, as you go further back, reduce the number of job bullet points.
- State only the most relevant audit-related accomplishments. Add numbers instead of words.
- Begin statements with resume action verbs (e.g., initiated, implemented, etc.).
- Target each resume to this one job. No general resumes, because that’s just spam!
3. Internal Audit Resume Skills
If you are a recent graduate or are transitioning from an unrelated profession, you surely lack relevant experience. Therefore, you must focus on key hard skills. Also, mention important soft skills, such as communication and problem-solving.
If you check out the sample above you will find the Remus has successfully created an impressive skills section. , as the internal auditor resume sample shows. Moreover, you can emphasize your academic achievements. Relevant internships are also a plus.
On the other hand, when you are transitioning from a similar field to internal auditing, identify your transferrable skills and experience. This helps makes your resume stand out. It makes the employer immediately realize that you are a suitable candidate for the position.
Here are some skills that can be added-
|-Financial Auditing |
-Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
-Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
-Risk Management & Mitigation
-Analytical and organizational skills
4. Action Verbs for Internal Auditor
Action verbs make your resume stand out. These add a confident tone to your resume. So, make sure that you use them in your summary, core competencies, skills, and most importantly, job descriptions. So, choose the most relevant action verbs from the list below.
For more action verbs>>>> 150+ Resume Strong Action Verbs To Include
5. Resume Keywords for Internal Auditor
Addition of resume keywords is an integral part of any resume. It makes you suitable for the industry.
The place to find keywords is your job posting/advertisement. In addition to this, you can also hunt for keywords on the website of the organization. Add buzzwords. However, avoid jargon. Often the recruiter may not be a pro in your field. So, make sure that your resume is understandable.
In addition to this, you can also add the core competencies section. Here again one can add keywords.
|Self-motivation, determination, and confidence.|
Ability to divide your time between work and study.
Excellent problem-solving skills.
A keen interest in the financial system.
Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
Meticulous attention to detail.
A strong aptitude for maths.
Nervous before your interview? Does your mind go blank when an interview question pops up that you’ve never heard before? This resource now for tips and strategies: Common interview questions and their best answers